During the summer of 2015, I worked for Angie’s List through the Xtern internship program. The development side of the internship focused on the agile development methodology utilizing the Scrum model, while I was also exposed to both the marketing and quality assurance departments via shadowing.
- My internship heavily focused on helping rewrite the Angie’s List website. During my time at Angie’s List, I collaborated with a team that included developers, quality assurance and system architects. Each day after daily standup meetings I would pick up user stories/tickets to work on. These tickets ranged from bug fixes to implementing new features into the user membership module of the site. I reviewed code from pull requests daily to ensure quality prior to it being merged into production.
- Understanding of proper state management via React.
- Proper version control workflow via GitHub.
- Debugging via writing and correcting unit tests
- Dependency management via NPM.