The Digital Corps of Ball State was asked by Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS) to give their website a modern redesign. The project was completed through the collaborative work of student designers/developers, Digital Corps Staff and the Executive Director of IPBS Roger Rhodes.
- WordPress: Chosen for its plethora of plugins and simple admin panel to ensure that the client needed minimal technology knowhow.
- Velocity.JS: Chosen for the smoothness of animations in comparison to jQuery’s animations.
- AngularJS 2.0: Chosen for its object-oriented style of data, component based system and for a new framework to try out.
- Create a map animation of Indiana broadcasting stations from a given SVG image using Velocity.JS.
- Create a quote generator for station spot times to replace the previous spreadsheet system using AngularJS 2.0
- Creating a clean, user-friendly WordPress post type with appropriate fields to match various spreadsheet parameters.
- How to use Typescript via Angular 2.0
- Animating SVG images via Velocity.JS
- Usage of the WordPress template hierarchy