Twitter Bot was an application to allow Twitter users to post generated content to their Twitter accounts through various methods. Two students and myself had two months to complete this application for our advanced programming class. The project had three different iterations that were developed using the agile development methodology and test driven development.
- Project Start 10/16/15
- Iteration One Release 10/28/15
- Create authentication through OAuth access token
- Tweet user defined text to Twitter account
- Iteration Two Release 11/18/15
- Validate tweets to be within 1 to 140 characters
- Save authenticated users and populate a dropdown with them to choose account
- Implement Giphy api to post gifs to Twitter account
- Create alert to tell user if tweet was successful or not.
- Iteration Three Release 12/11/15
- Create a interval timed automatic tweet system.
- Create a scheduled automatic tweet system.
- OAuth 2.0
- Understanding of the Model-View-Controller pattern of development
- Connecting to services such as Giphy and Twitter through the OAuth 2.0 Framework.
- Writing unit tests for test driven development (TDD).
- Defining user stories for agile development to better achieve iteration goals.